Some frames from our two weeks spent in Southern California.
Notable highlights of this trip include:
- Lia getting bit in the face by a horse at the Gentle Barn. She got some stitches and it’s all good, but man, it’s scary when you see blood pouring from your 5 year old daughter’s face. The folks at the Gentle Barn were so accommodating and they even gave her a free sno cone and super cow.
- Blowing bubbles with Great Grandma Berniece, the nicest lady on earth.
- Sharing a condo with our friends the Crawfords in Laguna Beach for a few days. I loved the morning I spent with Lia splashing in the waves at 6 am because she woke up super early and we didn’t want to wake up everyone else.
- Our Huntington Beach bonfire with too many good friends to name em all.
- Swimming with the Leopard Sharks in La Jolla (sadly no pics of that), but snorkeling around the cove and having 15-20 of them swimming around you is pretty cool. Scary at first, but super cool once you realize they won’t bite you.
- Max hugging the cow at the Gentle Barn.
- Ava braving the Laguna Beach rocks barefoot and picking up every dead thing she could find in the tide pools.
- This was the first trip Lia loved the water as much as the rest of us. And the year we actually went out deep in the ocean together. Before they were always content with playing in the sand at the edges of the water and jumping over the tiny waves…not anymore.