You might have heard, you might not have, but 14 months ago I decided to plan a surprise road trip across Canada with my lovely wife (sans kiddos). I booked a Beloved session with the amazing Jesh DeRox for us, also as a surprise, and we had a blast. Listed below are a few of the memories I’ll never forget:
- The super fun Beloved shoot we did for our new friends from Minnesota, Megan & Gabe.
- The crazy roller coasters we rode in the Mall of America. We acted like children and LOVED every second of it.
- The dinner and great conversations we had with our wonderful friends & killer photographer, Eliesa & Judd. I branched out and tried Edamame & tofu too!
- The lovely ice cream place they took us to after dinner. I had a sundae Oreo ice cream, fudge, Oreo cookies & whipped cream
- Running through random Canadian fields with Jenny to take pics of all the cool Canadian red barns.
- Dream planning and how we’re going to make them come true during the long hours in the car.
- Our Beloved session with Jesh was everything we could have possibly asked for and more…we’re SO SO SO excited to see the pics!!!
- The flat tire we had in Edmonton while on the way to Calgary…tires are SUPER expensive in Canada.
- The gracious Dana, Bob & their wee ones Jack & Georgia.
- Fruit filled breakfasts followed by Jelly Modern Doughnuts.
- Dinner with Gabe & Jenn, yet another awesome Calgary wedding photographer.
- And, the day in Banff with the Pughs. Lunch at Communitea in Canmore where I had the biggest grilled cheese ever. Walking through knee deep snow even though it was 65 degrees out (crazy-ness!). Lake Louise. The Banff castle. The waterfall. And all those gorgeous evergreen trees.
It was kind of a whirlwind trip, and Jenny got sick for the later parts (that’s why there’s not a lot of pics of US in here), but I’m so happy we got to go. It allowed us to spend some good, quality time together without the kiddos. I think that’s a key to a happy marriage. Date nights, and time spent sans kiddos is good for the heart. Enjoy a tiny glimpse of our trek through Canada.
PS. If you saw all these pictures already on the Vagabond Bond, I’m sorry, but you can check them out again…